Charity Fundraising Strategy Consultants
A sound fundraising strategy is essential to ensure the growth and sustainability of any charity or not for profit organisation.
Has your income growth stalled? Maybe you are not sure if you are focussed on the most effective funding streams, or you just need some clear direction to get income growth back on track.
We develop fundraising strategies that:
- Provide valuable insights into current fundraising approaches and results
- Identify the most effective growth opportunities for your specific cause
- Provide clear and detailed approaches to enhance existing funding streams and establish new income sources
- Back up recommendations with detailed research and evidence
- Empower clients with a clear roadmap to achieve strong and consistent income growth
Our fundraising strategy consultants can work with you to establish how best to achieve your fundraising goals, taking your internal capacity into consideration along with relevant external factors that may impact on fundraising. We can offer a reasoned analysis of your existing funding mix, fundraising approach and activities as well as other internal factors such as your brand proposition, beneficiary and stakeholder profile and evidence of impact. We will also research comparator charities and sector benchmarks to help identify the best funding avenues for development and growth. Finally we will offer guidance and support on implementing your new fundraising strategy, which can include: developing and monitoring action plans; providing fundraising recruitment and training support; and/or, providing fundraising services to help deliver aspects of the strategy.
Fundraising Strategy Reports
Although every Charity Fundraising Strategy is different, the following sets out some of the main areas that our strategy consultants may include in a written strategy:
Comprehensive review and analysis of the current internal position to establish available resources, existing approaches and results.
- Current income sources and financial trends
- Fundraising activity, human resources, expenditure and ROI
- Charitable activities (and development plans)
- Brand proposition, beneficiary profile, marketing
- SWOT Analysis
Comprehensive review and analysis of the external environment.
- Income and fundraising activity analysis of comparator organisations to identify: Trends in income levels and funding mix; indications of their future priorities and relevant funding; and, fundraising resources and returns
- Fundraising trends and growth areas
- Industry benchmarking data
Funding Source Options
- SWOT analysis on each key funding strand
Identification of development options
- Target Income modelling broken down by funding strand / development option
- Estimated resource needs and related cost modelling
- Potential RoI calculations
Recommendations and Action Plan
- Detailed implementation recommendations
- Action Plan – with assigned time bound tasks
Fundraising Strategy Consulting
Fundraising strategy support can take a range of forms. You may just be looking for some ideas, strategic support and mentoring, or perhaps a vision planning workshop for Trustees and senior management. Maybe you are looking for a discrete corporate fundraising strategy, community fundraising strategy or legacy fundraising strategy.
Whatever your needs, our consultants aim to ensure that any support we offer is right for your organisation and will make a real difference in its future growth and development.
Some clients find that just a short piece of strategic consultancy support can have a transforming effect on the future direction of their organisation. Our experience of working with so many charities enables us to quickly identify the best development avenues in any given sector as well as the resources and actions required for our clients to embrace those opportunities. We would be delighted to discuss your needs, please get in touch to see how we can support your strategic development.
Other Pages you may be interested in
How to develop a charity fundraising strategy – detailed guide on our blog
Very efficient and professional service that has helped us to clarify and focus our future fundraising activities.− Karen O'Connor, Zinc Arts (formerly Theatre Resource)