Services carried out
- Bid Writing / Review
- Contract Tender Writing / Review
- Fundraising Strategy / Audit
- Grant Funder Research
- Mentoring / Bespoke Training
- Monitoring / Evaluation Support
- Strategic Development & Governance
The Sickle Cell Society is the only national organisation supporting people with one of the most common genetic blood conditions in the UK.
Charity Fundraising Ltd started working with the society in 2014 at a point where the organisation had seen annual income falling year-on-year and deficits reported in the previous three years.
To date we have achieved £1,938,821 directly for the society through securing grants and winning contract tenders. We have also developed a comprehensive fundraising strategy and action plan which has helped to achieve substantial growth in individual giving and community fundraising.
When we started working with the society their income in the previous financial year was just £286,000. Working closely with the new Chief Executive since then, we have supported them to more than double their income within three years. By the end of the 2016/17 financial year, income was £607,000.
Our support over the period has included:
- Research, consultation and analysis of beneficiary needs
- Grant prospect research
- Grant and Tender Bid Writing
- Public sector partnership prospecting
- Developing a comprehensive Fundraising Strategy
- Guiding development of a new website
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of the strategy including through a quarterly fundraising working group
- Mentoring fundraising staff on community fundraising and individual giving strategy
- Project and Fundraising Recruitment support
- Monitoring and evaluation framework design and mentoring
We continue to work with the society to build on and grow its essential advocacy and support for people living with Sickle Cell Disease and their families.